Actors Guild

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Actors Guild: First Release (0.5)

I just released the first version of the Actors Guild Framework! Version 0.5 is ready for download. You can also visit the new site and read the tutorial.

Version 0.5 contains all the main features that I want to have in version 1.0. Still, please note that it is experimental software. There may be backward-incompatible changes in the API, in particular in the way actors are initialized. I would appreciate any feedback, especially concerning the API and how to make it easier to use.

This is my current to-do list for version 1.0:
  • support for dependency-injection in Actors
  • Spring support
  • run-time checks at the bytecode level to enforce the rules for Stateless messages
  • faster copying of mutable (Serializable) message arguments
I hope that you give give Actors Guild a try, and please leave some feedback either here on the blog, or write to tim@actorsguildframework.org. Thanks!